On-time delivery of Neff Rental equipment helps our customers stay on schedule and meet deadlines. The branch employee who is most responsible for ensuring that the correct equipment is delivered on time and where it is needed is the Neff Rental CDL driver.
More than simply drivers, the Neff Rental CDL driver loads equipment at the branch and unloads equipment at customers’ job sites. Oftentimes, drivers deliver equipment into job sites with limited maneuvering room, so Neff Rental drivers must be adept at seeing and implementing safe delivery solutions.
They also assist customers when needed to help them understand how to operate Neff’s equipment. When customers have finished using the equipment, the drivers retrieve it from job sites and return it to the branch.
A CDL driver’s responsibilities include:
- Loading, unloading and securing rental equipment onto and off of delivery trucks.
- Local or long-distance hauling.
- Inspect vehicles daily to ensure safe operation.
- Provide good customer service when delivering equipment.
- Obtain required signatures on rental contracts.
- Demonstrate proper and safe equipment operations to the customer after it is delivered and off loaded.
- Complete reports for outgoing and returned equipment, including photographing equipment and noting existing or new damage(s).
- Complete logbook and trip sheets to comply with DOT and company record-keeping requirements.
The minimum requirements to be a Neff Rental driver are to have a valid driver’s license with Class A certification and a safe driving record. Drivers must have a working knowledge and understanding of safety regulations and Department of Transportation guidelines. Neff Rental CDL drivers typically have two or more years of over-the-road driving experience, as well as experience driving delivery trucks, hauling construction equipment, and operating safely in high-traffic and confined areas.
Neff drivers are typically one of the three people from the branch who come into direct contact with customers daily. As the face of Neff Rental, we expect our drivers to project the company’s high quality standards and customer service values.
Neff drivers are critical to the successful operations of Neff Rental by helping to maintain and develop customer relationships with on-time deliveries and outstanding customer service. Driver positions are available at some of our current 65 branches in 14 states coast to coast; and we are accepting applications for future branch locations as well.
If you are interested in working for Neff Rental, send us your resume by clicking here.