The spring career fair season is underway at colleges and universities across the country. These events are where mutual interests converge: Soon-to-graduate seniors and some forward-thinking juniors meet and network with prospective employers, while company recruiters identify and begin courting prospective employees.
From January through April, Neff Rental recruiters will be attending more than 40 college career fairs at colleges and universities across the U.S. The Neff Rental recruiters, many of whom are seasoned rental industry veterans who were also recruited at college career fairs or may have attended the school where the fair is being held, are looking for people who are motivated and interested in joining a dynamic and growing company.
Neff Rental is one of the nation’s top equipment rental companies with clients in the construction, industrial, oil and gas, utility and environmental remediation businesses. With 69 branches coast to coast, the company provides an industry-leading training program for recently hired sales coordinators, and additional training as successful sales leaders rise through the ranks to outside sales, branch manager and corporate positions.
What do Neff’s recruiters look for in potential candidates? Some characteristics of prospective candidates that attract the attention of Neff recruiters include that you:
- Are working toward completing a degree in marketing, business, hospitality management, construction management, agricultural business or similar areas.
- Have work experience, particularly in hospitality, such as restaurants and hotels, as well as construction, agriculture, or sales, while also attending college. Neff Rental is a service-driven company – from the process that we use to answer the telephone and qualify customers’ rental needs to our 24/7 support.
- Have participated in sports while in college, whether on a university, college or intramural team, such as soccer, football and baseball.
- Are motivated, thoughtful and enthusiastic individuals.
- Are professional in how you behave and talk. How you conduct yourself is important to not only impressing the recruiters but, if you are hired, Neff customers.
- Can multi-task, pay attention and follow defined and proven processes. These characteristics are important to being successful at Neff Rental.
- Have done your homework about Neff Rental and the industries that it serves. This will impress the recruiters and indicate that you have put thought into your career direction.
Neff Rental also has an internship program, which is ideal for seniors who are interested in getting started with the company while they are still in school to see whether it’s a good fit for their prospective career. Students who are juniors and are interested in working for Neff will be directed the company’s career website to complete an application for a future sales coordinator.
The equipment rental industry is not for everyone, but it is for individuals who enjoy working and meeting customers on construction job sites, in factories and corporate offices, and being rewarded for their outstanding efforts.